Sunday, August 26, 2012

Final Week Reflection

Part ONE

Well to put it in the most simplest of terms I have learned that technology is my friend! :)

When one hears the phrase technology integration it can be very intimidating.  But this class taught me that with a lot of practice it not only can be fun but also very useful in the classroom.  One objective I have met since mid term is to design meaningful and authentic digitally based learning experiences with multiple and varied assessments.  Learning how to make my web quest was incredibly challenging, but one of the most rewarding.  From the Process to the Evaluation and making the rubric I can tell it will be a tool I will always want to use over and over with any of my future students.  Also the other objective I feel I have completed is the ability to reflect upon and demonstrate effective use of digital tools and resources.  No t with my students yet of course but with myself.  I reflect upon questions like:

Will I actually use this technology myself on my own one day?
Will my students like this better than just a white board?
How can I use technology to make my lesson plans more interesting and useful to my students?

This type of reflection will surely make me a more aware of my students intake as far as my lessons go an therefor make me a better teacher.

Part TWO

It is very important to integrate technology into our classrooms today beacuse our culture is immeresed in technology today and those who do not know how to use it are severly behind.  It is our duty as teachers to prepare our students for succesful futures and being technology savy will do this.

This video showed us that it is already happening in schools now so we must integrate technology into our lessons to keep our students afloat in our everchanging society!


No comments:

Post a Comment